The Retail Association was part of a meeting with the Coordination Group to address and address economic issues and problems facing the private sector as a result of dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic.
In the first meeting of this group, the very important difficulties that the private sector is going through were addressed and concrete measures were proposed that must be taken to overcome those difficulties, which you can read in the post below.
– Securing loans from Commercial Banks for businesses in difficulty, where the state presents itself as a guarantor and assumes interest. Loans for 24 months, and a 6-month term for starting the payment of installments.
– Amending the Public Procurement Law for a certain period, at least two years, where the preferential factor for local companies would be applied.
– To start the project of digitalization of all institutional processes in Kosovo using exclusively the services of the IT sector in Kosovo. We best help these sectors by giving them jobs that are in the mutual interest.
– Amending the Law on VAT with the requirements of the time and especially the manner of VAT collection. This should be done after the sale of the goods and not in the case of import. A contribution to the liquidity of importing companies.
– Special support for Women’s Businesses which are mainly micro-businesses and small businesses. For these businesses, in addition to the benefits from the regular measures to help businesses in general, grants will be allocated to you based on the size of the businesses. These businesses are under attack the most. Their difficulties will continue even after the easing of measures as kindergartens and schools continue to be closed, the need for increased care for the elderly in the family falls on them, the lack of public and interurban transport are some of the main factors that impede access in the labor market of Kosovo girls and women.
This category needs to be treated with particular sensitivity in the interest of our advancement as a society as a whole.